NEW Sailor Moon 25th Anniversary News & Projects

NEW Sailor Moon 25th Anniversary News & Projects

Buckle in Sailor Moon fans, this is a HUGE update and information overload for Sailor Moon in 2017!

1. The official logo for Sailor Moon has switched over to 25th Anniversary!!! "sailor moon" "sailor moon 25th anniversary" "sailor moon merchandise" "sailor moon collectibles"

2. There will be a new reprint artbook of Naoko Takeuchi’s drawings.
sailormoon-25th-anniversary-new-artbook

3. Japan will be releasing the 90s anime in Blu-ray! Vol.1 will be released on June 14, 2017 and Vol.2 on August 9, 2017. There will be 23 episodes in each volume. The retail price is 19,800 yen each. They will come with luxurious sleeves, however the sleeves are limited production so once it runs out it’s gone.
PREORDER from CDJapan (no deputy service required): Volume 1, Volume 2
sailormoon-25th-anniversary-90s-anime-bluray-dvd2

sailormoon-25th-anniversary-90s-anime-bluray-dvd

4. A new musical will also be happening this year in Tokyo in autumn.
sailormoon-25th-anniversary-new-musical

5. This is probably the news most of us have been hoping for..Sailor Moon Crystal anime will continue with a new season!!!! No other information or visuals yet.

6. The official fan club has been a big hit, so they’ve decided to continue the fan club after next year.

sailormoon-25th-anniversary-fanclub-continues

Below are upcoming collaborations other brands will have with Sailor Moon in 2017.

7. Luna will be featured in the Monster Hunter Double Cross 3DS game! Her weapon is the Cutie Moon Rod. This is DLC (downloadable content).
sailormoon-25th-anniversary-monster-hunter-luna-cutie-moon-rodsailormoon-25th-anniversary-monster-hunter-luna-cutie-moon-rod2

Here’s a video preview of her in game!

8. This next thing is one I’m excited for because I’m a Sanrio fan too! There will be a collaboration with My Melody!
sailormoon-25th-anniversary-my-melody-sanrio

9. The next cosmetics collaboration is with Shiseido, a very well known global brand. The product line is “MAQuillAGE” with 2 foundation products. More info in this post.

sailormoon-25th-anniversary-maquillage-shiseido-makeup-foundation

10. Q-pot is coming out with a special Sailor Moon 25th Anniversary item. It’s the Starry Sky Macaron in strawberry edition. It comes in a necklace (11,880 yen) and bag charm (8,640 yen). These will come with a coin charm and special packaging to commemorate the 25th anniversary. More info in this post.

sailormoon-25th-anniversary-qpot-starry-sky-macaron-collaboration

11. There will be another ISETAN collaboration starting in mid March 2017.

12. In late March 2017, there will be a fashion collaboration with GU who is celebrating their 10th anniversary.

sailormoon-25th-anniversary-gu-fashion-collaboration

13. In late April 2017, there will be a fashion collaboration with PUNYUS.

sailormoon-25th-anniversary-punyus-fashion-collaboration

14. On May 27, 2017, there will be a fun collaboration event with the professional baseball team Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles.

rakuten-eagles

1. Naty
    February 18, 2017 23:31 Reply

Any guess about the price range of the Artbooks? I mean, now they are costing +- 250$. If the price of the reprint ones will be more than that, then It’s better to get the old ones.

2. February 12, 2017 16:15 Reply

Any news if they’ll be releasing any S.H. figuarts(Sailor Moon Crystal Season 3) of the inner senshis any time soon?

SH Figuarts Sailor moon Crystal S3 is superb.

3. February 02, 2017 05:25 Reply

it amazes me how popular this series is. I’m 22 and Sailor Moon was playing on cartoon network when I was like 5 years old. I loved it then as much as I love it now. The creator of SM must be amazed by how continuously throughout the years has stayed so popular.

• Adam
      February 07, 2017 21:44 Reply

i totally agree and i was watching it as a 5 year old child in 1997

• April 04, 2017 12:23 Reply

She is totally shocked. lol. In interviews she talks about how much she hated the process of making the manga but how amazed she is that it’s still making her money.

4. Twilight
    January 27, 2017 17:23 Reply

Any news about the proplica star locket? Is it going to be released?

January 28, 2017 01:47 Reply

No news 🙁

5. Sailor Mademoiselle
    January 26, 2017 23:15 Reply

Is 19800 yen per a blueray volume standart price for these things, or they went extra expensive for Sailor Moon?
    Cos series+movies will be 13 volumes, that’ll be $2.5K for the entire series :O
    And will the content be what they’re currently airing on tv? Cos that quality is problematic, there are lots of completely broken shots all over the place, and so far there wasn’t a single time that Usagi’s transformation wasn’t affected by that… Are they actually going to sell that as is?

6. January 26, 2017 12:44 Reply

I have been waiting for a new Art book with the original illustrations for such a long time!! I’m really happy they will finally release it!
    And I’m looking forward for Sailor Moon Crystal season 4!!!

7. Dano
    January 26, 2017 01:26 Reply

Please God, PLEASE, let them re-release ALL the original artbooks I-V and Materials Collection, (i can deal without the Infinity volume), but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! It seems they are releasing the artbook they have been promising since years ago, and also they will be making reprints? please PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!!!!!

• Cynthia
      February 27, 2017 16:16 Reply

Yes! I’ve been desperate for the same thing for years. I’m lucky in that I managed to pick up the Artbooks 1-4 sixteen years ago for a decent price, but I paid a fortune for the Materials Collection. These are five of my most prized possessions. I’ve never managed to get my hands on the Artbooks 5.
      If they could just reprint them all, I’d buy them all over again new!

8. Yanna
    January 25, 2017 18:07 Reply

So….the Q-Pot charm just slapped a sailor moon coin on a generic sweet. Maquillage thinks that you can just slap crescent moons and stars on something and people will respect it as a Sailor Moon item. The Hello Kitty collab might be cute, if it isn’t just Sanrio characters cosplaying.

9. I-chan
    January 25, 2017 14:14 Reply

I’m reading so many different translations about the book! Is it a reprint of the manga, a reprint of all the artbooks, or a new artbook?

Is there any way to let them know how badly we want ALL the old artbooks to be re-released? They would sell like crazy!

10. Rini666
    January 25, 2017 13:26 Reply

How are the blurays different from the ones that viz has been releasing on bluray? Viz still used the original Japanese with subs.

• January 26, 2017 13:59 Reply

they are Japanese releases in Japan only.

• Jeremy sheer
      January 29, 2017 01:16 Reply

These episodes were aired in Japan last year the definitive HD high-definition ultimate sailor man with the official masters VI Z will not do this for a couple years besides VI Z is doing a terrible job video quality

11. January 25, 2017 13:06 Reply

That is so cool I can’t wait to watch the next season.

Share your thoughts!