Sailor Moon Serenity Crystal Wedding Tiara

Sailor Moon Serenity Crystal Wedding Tiara

Moonies..are you guys ready for some serious Sailor Moon luxury bling? Premium Bandai is releasing a Sailor Moon Serenity Crystal Wedding Tiara priced at 370,000 yen (roughly $3,500)!! This tiara is based on NeoQueen Serenity’s tiara and designed by tiara designer Taro Kamitani. His creations go by the motto ‘designing women’s dreams’ and are made by craftsmen in Japan. This Serenity Crystal Wedding Tiara is created with more elegance and femininity than NeoQueen Serenity’s crown targeted at adults. The tiara measures about 10.5cm wide and 4.8cm tall. It is made with gold plated brass, Swarovski crystals and imitation pearls. The scheduled release date is March 2015.

The preorder isn’t up yet, but you can find it here at Premium Bandai. You can see more of Taro Kamitani’s designs here. What do you guys think? Will you be adding this gorgeous piece to your collection?

"sailor moon" "sailor moon merchandise" "sailor moon tiara" "sailor moon crown" "neo queen serenity" jewelry gold pearl "sailor moon toy" bandai anime japan shop 2015"sailor moon" "sailor moon merchandise" "sailor moon tiara" "sailor moon crown" "neo queen serenity" jewelry gold pearl "sailor moon toy" bandai anime japan shop 2015

1. BlueMoonBunny
    December 12, 2016 08:56 Reply

I think I’ll figure out how to make my own.

2. Sakura Shine
    March 22, 2016 17:35 Reply

That’s just a rip off. In my opinion, its should cost from either $50 or $100. Nothing more than that.

3. Sailor Moon
    April 27, 2015 11:19 Reply

lmfao they not released it a crown is like 100-200 dollars but not more

4. Luna P
    March 30, 2015 18:54 Reply

No real gemstones, pearls, or gold. Not even worth the $3,500 price tag. Even then I wouldn’t pay that much for a Tiara I would probably never wear. With the materials the highest I would pay for this is $100, mainly because it’s custom made. To me it only looks like it’s worth $30-$50 at best.

5. Freida
    January 28, 2015 19:12 Reply

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that this is her tiara from when she’s a queen but they only show her princess form?

(and yeah, 3k for some brass and fake gems? there should be a limit to how much they try to milk us!)

• yakuri
      February 09, 2015 17:21 Reply

Anyone not completely blinded by the nostalgia hype for Sailor Moon stuff can see that Toei doesn’t really give two shits about Sailor Moon (Crystal is such a mediocre anime at best), half of the “official” merchandise they’ve been churning out is really cheap stuff with huge mark-up prices, like low quality shirts or generic tote bags with only a boring print on them, many times using really cheap materials. Of course not everything is bad, Proplicas are really decent (still overpriced, and I dislike that the moon stick’s silver crystal is cloudy and doesn’t look like a crystal asides of its shape), the figures coming out are really nice, etc. but as a whole, we have been giving Toei a lot of reason to not put a lot of effort because they know we’re gonna buy the stuff.

That’s why it really doesn’t surprise me they show her princess form on a product made from when she’s a queen. They really don’t care, I think even if they only sell a few of these to people with too much money and little common sense, they’ll be satisfied, given how cheap and fake the materials are.

• Tito
        February 11, 2015 08:17 Reply

I understand where you coming from but overall I think that in marketing issues, if Sailor Moon fans only buy the things that all-of-them-together-think that is good quality/price… this merchandising would end in no time. This is business and they move billions.
        I don’t think this happens only with Sailor Moon brand but with a lot other brands so it’s not just a question of ‘they don’t really care’. Errors can happen: I’m not satisfied with some errors, yes they should be more accurate specially because of the money we gave them, but if I’m starting to be very demanding, if we all start to be very demanding and not buying the items we actually like but we-won’t-buy-because-it-could-be-much-better-or-with-better-price I think we end up with nothing. Because if they don’t sell they won’t make more. It’s simple. BUT if they sell reasonably and we complain about the errors… it’s actually true that sometimes they actually improve things. I don’t think boycott is the best option in these merchandising issues. If you like, why not? It’s pretty. The faces could be better? Yes they could. Fortunately this is the beginning of SM merchandising so let’s hope for more. I think the best option is talking with Bandai and Toei. And not boycott their merchandising.
        And by the way… I see many people talk about some designs, ideas that are boring, faces of Figuarts ZERO and stuff like that as we all should think the same. I trully understand some points but we don’t have to dislike the same thing. I know many people that loved petit chara’s pearly version and others that rather chose the regular version. I know a lot of people that absolutely loved the SMC Figuarts Zero statues and others that hated. Go figure wich one is right or wrong…

6. Sailor Moon
    January 27, 2015 09:12 Reply

IT HAS NOT EVEN MUSIC

7. Sailor Moon
    January 27, 2015 09:12 Reply

no im joking why would I pay that much for it and it has not even music

8. Sailor Moon
    January 27, 2015 08:58 Reply

if i get the money i add this to my collection

9. Paloma Moreno
    January 22, 2015 19:11 Reply

for That amount of money, I expect at least real pearls!! The swarowsky crystals are expensive, and gold platea Brasil!??? Are they kidding me??? With that amount I can send to do It With pearls and platinmum metal or metal for surgery… And Maybe a ruby for The red gemstone and swarowsky crystals

10. Lola
    January 22, 2015 06:52 Reply

The model looks cute and the hairstyle is gorgeous. It really looks fabulous with the crown.

Having said that, even those who can afford this crown wouldn’t buy it – I speak for myself at least. The price is really excessive for something that looks like that, I mean, not even the metal ribbons and bows look good and “flow-y”, it just looks solid cut.

I would recommend taking the pictures to a jeweller and have it remade with lower grade diamonds and rubies, gold coat it and adorn it with high quality man made pearls and it would be a lot more cheaper AND prettier (Ive done it to some very hard to find jewellery pieces lol).

Should have been priced between $500 and 800. Ive googled Taro Kamitani and his work does look gorgeous and intricate, just not this one, its too “cold” if that makes sense? His other work I can justify the prices of, just not this one – it looks too play line to justify that price.

11. Shana
    January 21, 2015 15:35 Reply

Haha, that price for something that isn’t made from real gold and pearls…What are they thinking?
    There can’t be very many people who can afford this, let alone people who would pay that for something fake…owo;

12. Wendy
    January 21, 2015 06:45 Reply

The real question is, are YOU going to add this piece to your collection?!

January 21, 2015 16:03 Reply

I wish haha u_u;; I’m disappointed with the materials 🙁

• Tito
      January 21, 2015 21:08 Reply

Very good question that you made. I was thinking exaclty that but I wasn’t capable of making the question lol Thanks for making it in advance AHAH

13. Bree
    January 20, 2015 18:04 Reply

I would rather pay that much to have it custom made AND it being real gold and gems.

14. Erica Love
    January 20, 2015 13:39 Reply

I think that it is beautiful! If I could afford it, I would buy it! I see most people complaining about the price, but it is designer made, after all. It would be the equivalent of wanting a brand new Givenchy bag for $200 dollars instead of $2000.

15. Adam
    January 20, 2015 13:12 Reply

Way too much money. You can get Chanel jewelry and and other designer pieces for cheaper than that. Christian Louboutin who makes designer shoes and incorporates more Swarovski crystals in their shoes than this tiara and charges much less for their shoes. What are you thinking?

If bandai premium is serious about selling these they will have to drop the price to a similar price point to the proplicas. Besides Swarovski crystals are not expensive to make stuff with. Also where is this Tiara made? In China? If it’s China then it’s definitely not worth the price.

The idea and concept is nice, however the price is not; especially when we are all such loyal fans. I agree this is taking advantage of us. Bandai, you’re in the wrong market if you want to sell sailor moon merchandise at this cost.

Can we now focus on products that will sell and release the next proplica please…

• Neo
      January 22, 2015 05:20 Reply

did you read what she posted? they’re handmade by craftsmen in Japan.

16. Bethany
    January 20, 2015 12:01 Reply

So not worth the money I love sailor moon but this isn’t worth $10.

17. January 20, 2015 08:20 Reply

Wow….Yeeeaaah. I think I’ll just second what others have said here! ;___;

18. Nyxity
    January 20, 2015 06:38 Reply

Good luck with that one Bandai Premium. Only a die-hard Sailor Moon Collector out to buy everything ever made for the franchise, or at least everything related to Usagi, Sailor Moon, Princess Serenity or Neo Queen Serenity would be desperate enough to go for that. I think they have been hanging around ebay to come up with that ridiculous price.

19. Princess Monster
    January 20, 2015 01:49 Reply

It’s cute and I collect tiaras and crowns. But I wouldn’t pay 4k for it, like everyone else says. It’s not real anything except brass and if I’m dropping that much I’d expect to have it appraised. And it’s pretty small to be a replica… that’s my opinion and I’m thinking more about the full sized manga version. Though I could be wrong. Either way $80 is the most I’d ever spend on it.

20. Daniel
    January 20, 2015 01:22 Reply

I would love to buy one, but 4k it’s just way too much money, and for that pric they really should have added real pearls. It’s very beautiful tho.

21. January 20, 2015 00:34 Reply

I don’t like the bows on the design. Neo Queen Serenity’s crown looked nothing like that. I’d rather pay $75 for a very accurate replica. $3,500 my ass.

22. talkingseveredhead
    January 19, 2015 23:13 Reply

Cool! Seems a bit small though, don’t you think? Anyway for $3,500 I could have one made with real metals and gemstones.

23. January 19, 2015 22:22 Reply

For 3500 bucks, I’m expecting real gold and everything. That’s just stupid.
    At this point, they’re taking advantage of fans…

• Tito
      January 20, 2015 23:24 Reply

They’re only taking advantage of people that can actually afford to spend this crazyness

24. Trance
    January 19, 2015 22:11 Reply

Gold brass plated and fake pearls and jewels?
    Not worth the money.
    Probably worth like $30 if that.
    Now the company is just taking advantage of fans at this point.
    Very low blow.

25. DJ
    January 19, 2015 22:04 Reply

4k for brass and glass. What a steal.

26. Gin
    January 19, 2015 22:02 Reply

Wow! I would love to, but no way in my wildest dreams could I afford it!

27. Broonz
    January 19, 2015 21:57 Reply

I wish! Think I’ll sit this one out and wait for a possible toy replica

• Tito
      January 20, 2015 23:23 Reply

My thoughts exactly

28. Rayna
    January 19, 2015 21:50 Reply

Imitation pearls and gold plated brass? Definitely not worth $3500. They’re just nostalgia grabbing.

29. Donut
    January 19, 2015 21:50 Reply

It’s not even REAL pearls or gemstones, who would pay such an insane amount for something like that?! Not to mention that it’s so small. I don’t care how cute it might be, it’s not worth $3,500.

Share your thoughts!